For some electronics recyclers, electronic scrap starts and ends with computers and computer related equipment, such as CPU units, monitors, printers and peripheral equipment.
What does ELECTRO stand for?
ELECTRO stands for Electronics
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Enhanced Learning with Creative Technologies
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Trade Association
- National Emergency Airborne Command Post (call sign)
- Electro-Optical Intelligence (US DoD)
- Electrosurgical Loop Excision of the Cervical Transformation Zone (excisional procedure)
- Edge Emitting Light Emitting Diode
- Entangled Light-Emitting Diode
- European Landscape Education Exchanges (landscape architecture network; est. 1985; UK)
- East London Energy Efficiency Advice Centre (UK)
- e-learning and e-education (open access journal)
- Elastic Low-Energy Electron Diffraction
- Early Lateral Energy Fraction (acoustics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The business models associated with collecting and processing end-of-life electronics appear very different at first glance, but in fact they share the same fundamental goal.
The recycling and separating system brings &lamination technology, developed in Europe and acquired by MaSeR, to the North American electronics recycling industry for the first time.
electronics manufacturers, electronics recyclers and legislators will likely watch the WEEE implementation process closely.
There is little dispute among all parties concerned (electronics recyclers, solid waste department officials and electronics manufacturers, among others) that America's basements, garages and corporate storage facilities hold an abundance of obsolete equipment.