The Corps of Signals is responsible for providing full-scale communication and electronic warfare support to the Army and even operational links for the Indian Navy and the Air Force in times of war as well as peace.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Electronic Warfare Support
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- East Woods School (Long Island, NY)
- Eastern Washington State
- Economically Weaker Section
- Education Welfare Service (UK)
- Egypt Web Solutions
- Electrical Wafer Sorting (operation of electrically testing dice on a silicon wafer)
- Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Electronic Warfare Squadron
- Electronic Warfare Suite
- Electronic Warfare Supervisor/System
- Electronic Weather Station (various companies)
- Electronic Weighing Scale
- Electronic Wood Systems (various locations)
- Embedded Web Server (HP printers that have ethernet and server capability)
- Emergency Warning System
- Emergency Water Supply
- Emerson Waldorf School (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Emerson, Wajdowicz Studios (design firm; New York, NY)
- Emery/Weiner School (Houston, TX)
- Emma Willard School (Troy, NY, founded in 1814)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It could be a difficulty with electronic warfare support aircraft such as the US Prowler which scrambles enemy defence systems, reducing the chances of attack by SAM missiles.
This includes the application of electronic warfare support (ES) as it pertains to detecting, collecting, and locating communications emitters, and electronic attack (EA) which involves the application of directed electromagnetic energy to a communications receiver.