In 2000, GPSTalk, the first electronic travel aid aimed at navigation, became commercially available (May & LaPierre, 2007).
What does ETA stand for?
ETA stands for Electronic Travel Aid
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ETA
We have 280 other meanings of ETA in our Acronym Attic
- Efficiency, Transparency and Accountability (US DOI Bureau of Reclamation)
- Egyptian Tourist Authority
- Eicosatetraenoic Acid (biochemistry)
- Electro-Thermal Atomizer
- Electronic Target Acquisition (also sometimes abbreviated as E/TA)
- Electronic Tax Administration
- Electronic Test Automation
- Electronic Transactions Association
- Electronic Transfer Account
- Electronic Transportation Acquisition
- Electronic Travel Authority
- Electronics Technicians Association (Greencastle, IN)
- Electronics Test Area
- Elegance, Technology Accuracy (Swiss manufacturer)
- Elektrotechnische Apparate GmbH (Nuremburg, Germany)
- Elgin Teachers Association
- Ellenville Teachers Association
- Elvis Tribute Artist
- Embedded Transport Acceleration (Intel)
- Embroidery Trade Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
We therefore recommend that an electronic travel aid should offer all available output options, including a complete description of the route in advance (as in the desk information), instead of defining a specific user profile for each user group.
The chapter on orientation devices introduces developments in GPS systems and other digital aids, but the chapter on electronic travel aids develops this topic further, providing sample lesson sequencing for instruction with advanced devices.