It has also developed its own secure music digital format, MagicGate, and signed up with IBM Corp to support IBM's Electronic Music Management System.
What does EMMS stand for?
EMMS stands for Electronic Music Management System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EMMS
We have 16 other meanings of EMMS in our Acronym Attic
- Enhanced MEECN Message Processing System
- Eastern Museum of Motor Racing (York Springs, PA)
- Erin Mills Model Railroad Association (club)
- Eastern Maine Model Railroad Club (East Orland, ME)
- European Masters Mountain Running Championships (athletic competition)
- Electronic Materiel Management Realignment Implementation Task
- Enhanced Multi-Mission Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (space flight; US NASA)
- Electronic Mail and Message System
- Electronic Media Management Software
- Electronic Media Management System (IBM)
- Ellicott Mills Middle School (Ellicott City, MD)
- Engine Maintenance Management System
- Enlisted Mobilization Management System
- Executive Master in Marketing & Sales (degree program)
- Express Mail Military Service (US Postal Service)
- External Message Management System (Sprint)
- Envelope Makers' and Manufacturing Stationers' Association (UK)
- Evaluation of Modeling Methods in Systems Analysis and Design (conference)
- Exploring Modeling Methods for Systems Analysis and Design (workshop)
- European Multimedia Microprocessor Systems and Electronic Commerce (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The major labels' first collaborative effort has been in testing IBM's Electronic Music Management System (also known as the Madison Project), a sales and distribution system that has all sorts of James Bond-sounding copyright protection devices encoded in the MP3, like encryption, watermarking, and file lockout.
To placate critics like the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), which assert that MP3s are synonymous with piracy, RealJukebox will incorporate secure music download systems like IBM's Electronic Music Management System (EMMS) and RIAA's own Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI).
Sony Corp is to create a series of digital music playback devices that will support IBM Corp's Electronic Music Management System (EMMS), the companies announced late Thursday.
On Monday RealNetworks announced an agreement with IBM Corp to develop software in compliance with IBM's Electronic Music Management System (EMMS) - a secure music download format that is being tested by the major record companies.