It's front wheel drive and all that turbocharged power would be a recipe for torque steer misery if it wasn't for the electronic limited slip differential system.
What does ELSD stand for?
ELSD stands for Electronic Limited Slip Differential (automotive)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELSD
We have 8 other meanings of ELSD in our Acronym Attic
- English Language Study Center (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- English Language Summer Camp (various locations)
- Enterprise Logistics Solutions Conference
- Epiblast-Like Stem Cell (biology)
- Executives Leading Sustainable Change
- Extra Long Staple Cotton (textile)
- Elliot Lake Safe Community Coalition
- Earth Leakage Sensing Device
- East Lycoming School District (Hughesville, PA)
- electronic limited slip device
- Eumusa Leaf Spot Disease (plants)
- Evaporative Light Scattering Detection (molecule identification procedure; cell biology)
- Evaporative Light Scattering Detector
- Emory Lysosomal Storage Disease Center (Emory University; Atlanta, GA)
- E-Learning and Software for Education (conference)
- East London School of English (London, England, UK)
- Economic Learning and Social Evolution (UK)
- Educational Leadership and Special Education (coursework)
- Emacs Language Sensitive Editor
- Enhancement of Life Support, Europe
Samples in periodicals archive:
8-litre model is equipped with a turbo-charged direct-injection engine that delivers 170bhp and offers an electronic stabilisation programme with electronic limited slip differential, and cast aluminium wheels in 10-spoke star design.
Hi-tech features include an aircraft-like head-up information display (HUD); adaptive lighting (bi-xenon smart beam); adaptive cruise control; Drive-Sense adaptive chassis with real-time damping control; keyless entry and starting; tri-zone air conditioning; dynamic parking assistance and Saab XWD with a rear electronic limited slip differential - the industry-leading all-wheel-drive system.
Other superb features are the Giulietta's Q2 system which acts as an electronic limited slip differential and the car's electronic DNA system which allows the driver to switch from Normal set-up to either a more sporty Dynamic setting or All-weather mode for maximum grip in poor conditions.
It is fitted with SEAT's XDS traction system, which acts like an electronic limited slip differential making it unusually nimble when cornering.
It is fitted with SEAT's XDS traction system, which acts like an electronic limited slip differential, making it unusually nimble when cornering.
It is fitted with SEAT's XDS traction system which acts like an electronic limited slip differential making it unusually nimble when cornering.
Based on the successful 2009 European Car of the Year, and available in hatch, saloon and Sports Tourer body styles, the Insignia will be Vauxhall's first VXR model to adopt 4X4 technology, using a bespoke chassis developed through an extensive test programme Highlights are a 'HiPerStrut' front suspension system, Adaptive 4X4 with electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD) and a 10 millimetre reduction in ride height over the Insignia SRi.