The 800-page measure includes, among other things, a 13-year path to citizenship for millions living in the country illegally, stronger border security, mandatory use of an electronic employment verification system and an expanded visa system.
What does EEV stand for?
EEV stands for Electronic Employment Verification
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EEV
We have 37 other meanings of EEV in our Acronym Attic
- Experimental Education Unit (University of Washington; Seattle, WA)
- Extravehicular Excursion Unit
- Eclaireuses et Eclaireurs Unionistes de France (French)
- Enhanced End Use Monitoring
- European EIAS (Electric Image Animation System) Usergroup Meeting
- East-European University Network
- EAU-EBU Update Series (European Board of Urology and the European Association of Urology)
- Estados Unidos (Spanish: United States)
- E-Energy Ventures Inc (stock symbol)
- Eastern Equine Virus
- Electronic Engine Valve
- Electronic Expansion Valve
- Electronically Enhanced Vision
- Emergency Escape Vehicle (US NASA)
- Energy Efficiency Verification (Canadian Standards Association)
- English Electric Valve
- Enhanced Environmentally Friendly Vehicle
- Entreprise en Vie (French: Enterprise Life)
- Entretien Espaces Verts (French: Green Spaces Maintenance)
- Equine Encephalitis Virus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Were an electronic employment verification system in place, governments could easily extend it to other uses.
Chapter topics include immigrant process and procedure; worksite enforcement compliance; electronic employment verification program; tax, including income tax treaties for a substantial list of foreign countries; technology and export limitations; and recruitment policies.
New E-Verify Requirements--DHS plans to require all 200,000 federal contractors to use an electronic employment verification system (or "e-verify," formerly called "basic pilot") to ensure their employees are authorized to work in the United States.
This bill covers border security and interior enforcement, electronic employment verification, new worker program, earned legalization and some adjustments to AgJOBS.
Instead, the bill would require the DHS to create an electronic employment verification system to track guest workers.
There are exemptions in HB 1202, however, including one that could make the proposal more acceptable to House Republicans concerned with the federal electronic employment verification system known as E-Verify.