The advantages of electronic data transfer include: * Data does not have to be physically delivered to the CPA's office, either by the client personally or by a third party (such as the post office or a private common carrier); * Data transfer is instantaneous; and * Data that originates in an electronic format may be processed more efficiently and accurately by the CPA than if it has to be input electronically from paper.
What does EDT stand for?
EDT stands for Electronic Data Transfer (IBM version of FTP)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EDT
We have 123 other meanings of EDT in our Acronym Attic
- Eau de Toilette
- Economic Development and Transportation (various organizations)
- Economic Development Team (various locations)
- Ecosystem Diagnosis and Treatment
- Edit Data Transmission
- Effective Date of Termination
- Effective Date of Training
- Effective Draft Temperature
- Electrical Down Tilt (telecommunications)
- Électricité de Tahiti (French: Electricity from Tahiti; French Polynesia)
- Embedded Deterministic Test (engineering)
- Emergency Department Technician (healthcare; various organizations)
- Emergency Duty Team (UK)
- Engineer(ing) Design Test
- Engineering Data Technologist
- Engineering Development Team
- Engineering Development Test
- Engineering Development Trust (UK)
- Engineering Flight Computer Diagnostic Tester
- Engineering, Design and Technology (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The facility for electronic data transfer between importers and the Customs Department has also helped speed up the clearance of consignments, Al-Naeem said in his statement.
RegulatorConnect links institutions with state regulators through electronic data transfer, while RegulatorDirect enables lenders to electronically deliver compliance audit reports to regulators with a single click, explained ComplianceEase Vice President Michael Chan.
Laboratory instruments, diagnostic devices, electronic data capture tools, electronic patient diaries, and electronic data transfers from external partners are all generating source data that need to be archived.
sending data by electronic data transfer directly to production locations on both sides of the Atlantic.
In order to test its use in practical English sheep production conditions and to explore the potential business advantages to producers, Defra is running a pilot project in the North-East, South-West and Midlands to fully test the effectiveness of EID and Electronic Data Transfer (EDT) in a real time working environment.