In the 1960s the ALQ-100 defensive electronic countermeasures set was developed for the F-4 to deceive and jam Vietnamese radars.
What does ECM stand for?
ECM stands for Electronic Countermeasures
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ECM
We have 363 other meanings of ECM in our Acronym Attic
- Electric Cipher Machine (US Navy)
- Electro Cell Manipulator
- Electro-Chemical Machining
- Electro-Chemical Migration (blooming and dendrite growth in PCAs due to electro-chemical reaction)
- Electronic Cigarettes Mart
- Electronic Commerce Manager
- Electronic Component Manufacturer
- Electronic Content Management
- Electronic Control Module
- Electronic Counter Measure
- Electronically Commutated Motor
- Electronics Contract Manufacturer
- Elliptic Curve Method
- Email Content Management
- Emap Consumer Media (UK)
- Emergency Changeover Message (CCS #7/ITU-T)
- Emerging Capital Market
- Employment Case Manager (various organizations)
- Endothelial Cell Multimerin
- Endpoint Congestion Management (IETF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These devices are used in military communications networks, and systems related to electronic countermeasures, precision guidance, radar, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.
Signal Technology Corporation (Nasdaq:STCO) has announced that its Defense Group has been selected by Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation as sole-source supplier of the next generation of Band 4 and 5 transmitters for the AN/ALQ-131 aircraft electronic countermeasures (ECM) system.