Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and Industry is worried the EU Electronic Commerce directive, due to be implemented by January 16, is being brought in too quickly and needs an international approach to the law surrounding online sales rather than a territorial one.
What does ECD stand for?
ECD stands for Electronic Commerce Directive (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECD
We have 228 other meanings of ECD in our Acronym Attic
- Electrochemical Deburring (process to remove burrs from metals)
- Electrochemical Decontamination/Electrodecontamination
- Electrochemical Deposition
- Electrochemical Detector
- Electrochromic Display
- Electron Capture Detector
- Electron Capture Diameter
- Electron Capture Dissociation
- Electronic Check Deposit (Citibank)
- Electronic Civil Disobedience
- Electronic Communication Device
- Electronic Controls Design, Inc (Milwaukie, Oregon)
- Element Control/Configuration Document
- Embedded Controls Developer (VisSim)
- Emergency Calendar Deleter
- Emergency Communications Department (various locations)
- Emergency Contacts Directory (various organizations)
- Emission Control Device
- Emission Control Diesel
- endocardial cushing defect
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alex Brown of Simmons & Simmons will be discussing liability for data hosters as derived from the Electronic Commerce Directive.
The Department of Trade and Industry is currently consulting on the EU Electronic Commerce directive, which will cover regulations on electronic contracts, offensive e-mails and web advertising.