Because of the problem of frequent data loss in mobile communications, in this implementation the Electronic Codebook Mode (ECB) was chosen with a 128 bit key (16 octets) so that the loss of a block will have no impact on the decryption of the following ones.
What does ECB stand for?
ECB stands for Electronic Codebook
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECB
We have 159 other meanings of ECB in our Acronym Attic
- Édition Communication Bureautique (French: Editing Communication Business)
- Educational Communications Board (Wisconsin)
- Election Commission of Bhutan (est. 2006)
- Electrical Codes Board
- Electrical Control Board
- Electrically Controlled Birefringence (LCD driving mode)
- Electrically Controlled Brake (automobiles)
- Electron Tunneling from Conduction Band
- Electronic Circuit Breaker
- Electronic Code Block
Samples in periodicals archive:
The document is designed to provide guidance for users of the transcript data as released in Electronic Codebook (ECB) format (NCES 2006-351).
This CD-ROM contains ELS:2002 public-use data from the base year, electronic codebook software, and documentation.
As with other NCES datafiles, a user's guide and an electronic codebook are posted on the website.