He then reported to Electronic Attack Squadron 140, Whidbey Island, Wash.
What does VAQ stand for?
VAQ stands for Electronic Attack Squadron (US Navy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VAQ
We have 7 other meanings of VAQ in our Acronym Attic
- Variant Affecting Protein Structure or Expression
- Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care Center
- Virginia Association of Professional Soil Scientists (Blacksburg, VA)
- Volume-Assured Pressure Support Ventilation
- Virginia Association for Play Therapy (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Virginia Association for Pupil Transportation
- Virtual Avionics Procedural Trainer (Rockwell Collins, Inc.; US DoD)
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Volunteer Attorneys for People With AIDS (Seattle, WA)
- Vrij Aanvullend Pensioen Zelfstandigen (Dutch: Supplementary Pension Self-Employed)
- Navy Tactical EW Squadron
- Tactical Electronics Warfare Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used in from 1968 to present)
- Variance Adaptive Quantization (video encoding technique)
- Visiting Airman's Quarters
- Visual Air Quality
- Voitures Anciennes du Québec (French: Classic Cars of Quebec; Quebec, Canada)
- Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service (UK)
- Vaccine Against Hepatitis A
- Vice Admiral Administration British Pacific Fleet at Melbourne (various locations)
- Vaccine Administration Record (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yates Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 132 held a final flight ceremony for the EA-6B Prowler at NAS Whidbey Island, Wash.
ABOARD USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (NNS) -- During their current deployment with USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71), the Shadowhawks of Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 8's Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 141 have overcome many challenges in establishing themselves as the first Navy Prowler squadron to set up operations at Al Asad Air Base, Iraq.
Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 133 recently returned from a six-month deployment to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Electronic Attack Squadron 139, NAS Whidbey Island, Wash.
Leading the sea change are the Sailors of Electronic Attack Squadrons (VAQ) 129 "Vikings" and 132 "Scorpions" out of Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.
Following the MISSLEX, the Gauntlets of Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 136 led a high-speed antiradiation missile (HARM) shoot.
A troubleshooter assigned to Electronic Attack Squadron 136 braces himself after the launching of an EA-6B Prowler aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63) [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Photo by MCSN Kyle D.