The research focused on compiling all published material on the electromagnetic isotope separation process and the Calutron, a valuable source of isotopes that the Iraqis used for uranium-235 separation.
What does EMIS stand for?
EMIS stands for Electromagnetic Isotope Separation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMIS
We have 43 other meanings of EMIS in our Acronym Attic
- European Market Infrastructure Regulation (derivatives market; EU)
- Enhanced Minimum Interference Routing Algorithm
- Ethnic Minority and Indigenous Rights Organization of Africa (Nigeria)
- EMI Rejection Ratio (electronics)
- Electro Magnetic Interference Reduction System
- Electrochemically Modulated Infrared Spectroscopy
- Emergency Medical Incident Reporting System
- Education Management Information System
- Egton Medical Information Systems
- Electrical Mechanical Instrument Services (UK)
- Electronic Management Infomation System
- Emergency Management Information System
- Employee Management Information System
- Energie en Milieu Informatiesysteem voor het Vlaamse Gewest (Belgium)
- Enforcement Management Information System
- Environmental Management Information System
- Equipment Management Information System
- Escuela de Medicina Ignacio Santos (Spanish: Ignacio Santos School of Medicine; Mexico)
- European Mathematical Information Service
- European Medical Informatics Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Certainly the biggest surprise of the post-Gulf war IAEA inspections was the discovery that Iraq had a substantial electromagnetic isotope separation (EMIS) programme.