Our ion exchange resins, reverse osmosis membranes, ultrafiltration membranes and electrodeionization products continue to set an industry standard for quality and reliability, and play a leading role in delivering high purity water across major use sectors, including residential water, power, wastewater and water reuse, industrial process water and ultrapure water and desalination and municipal water.
What does EDI stand for?
EDI stands for Electrodeionization (removal of ionized salts from water using electricity)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDI
We have 207 other meanings of EDI in our Acronym Attic
- Economic Development Initiative
- Economic Development Institute (Washington, DC)
- Edge-Directed Interpolation (image processing)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom - Turnhouse (Airport Code)
- Édition, Diffusion, Information (French: Publishing, Broadcasting, Dissemination)
- Éditions et Diffusions Internationales (French: Publishing and Broadcast International)
- Education Development International (UK)
- Eidgenössisches Departement des Innern
- Electrical Design and Installation (various companies)
- Electro Diesel Ireland
- Electron Drift Instrument (Cluster spacecraft)
- Electronic Data Information
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Electronic Data Interface
- Electronic Discharge Instruction (medical discharge)
- Electronic Document Imaging
- Electronic Document Interchange
- Employee Development Inventory
- Engineering, Design, and Inspection
- Enhanced Defense Intelligence (Mass Effect; video game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers used a unique process called electrodeionization, a technique developed by one of Hestekin's doctoral students.
Siemens also announces the new Ionpure VNX-HH electrodeionization (EDI) module, which represents a significant advancementin feed water hardness tolerance, to two parts per million (ppm) as CaCO3 - a hardness level that is four times the industry standard of 0.
Continuous electrodeionization was developed for the production of ultrapure water, with the removal of both anions and cations (Ganzi et al.
Designed to direct feed CLSI (NCCLS) Type I and II reagent-grade water to the majority of chemistry-immunoassay analyzers, the new Elix Clinical Systems use a patented electrodeionization technology to produce consistent, high-quality purified water.
The Elix UV system incorporates reverse osmosis (RO), electrodeionization (EDI) and germicidal UV lamp purification technologies effectively to remove ions, organics, particles and bacteria.