The Bulawayo facility is one of four the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Commission (ZESCO) tried to revive in 2008 but abandoned when coal supply dried up.
What does ESCOM stand for?
ESCOM stands for Electricity Supply Commission (South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ESCOM
We have 4 other meanings of ESCOM in our Acronym Attic
- Esfahan Steel Company (Iran)
- Estonian Shipping Company
- Executive Secretariat Correspondence Office (US IRS)
- Educational Services Center of Cuyahoga County (Cleveland, OH)
- Enhanced Server Capacity on Demand (Fujitsu Siemens Computers)
- European Standards Committee for Oxidative DNA Damage
- Eastern States Conference on Linguistics
- Eurovision Song Contest On Line
- École Supérieure de Chimie Organique et Minérale (French: Superior School of Mineral and Organic Chemistry; est. 1957)
- Economic Issues Community
- Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi
- Enterprise Systems Connectivity (IBM)
- Escuela Superior de Computo (Mexico)
- European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music
- Enterprise System Connection (IBM)
- Earth Science Club of Northern Illinois
- European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy (Exeter, UK)
- European Society for Cognitive Psychology
- Experiment Station Committee on Organization and Policy
- Empirically Successful Computerized Reasoning (workshop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Electricity Supply Commission, still known by its Afrikaans acronym, Eskom, is the most important South African government-owned enterprise, and the fourth largest non-petroleum power company in the world.
Meryl Bibb of the Electricity Supply Commission in Johannesburg, South Africa, reported on one case where an inch-thick pipe developed a 20-millimeter diameter perforation only six months after a powerplant's startup.