This eliminates the need to move large numbers of electrons through wires and instead uses voltage - the difference in electrical potential - to switch the magnetic bits and write information into the memory.
What does EPOT stand for?
EPOT stands for Electrical Potential
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPOT
We have 1 other meaning of EPOT in our Acronym Attic
- Electronic Point Of Sale
- Emergency Passenger Oxygen System
- Engineering and Project Management Oriented Support
- Entwicklungs und Projektmanagement Orientierte Spezifikationssystem (German traceability software tool)
- European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
- European Patent Office Synonyms
- European Pool of Studies
- Evaluatieproject Ontwerp Stankconcentratienorm (Dutch project for air pollution norm)
- Extra Person On Shift
- Electronic Point of Sale Enhanced
- European Pool of Trainers (European Federation for Intercultural Learning)
- Exotic Products of Tucson (software; Tucson, AZ)
- Ethics, Politics & Technology (nonprofit nongovernmental technology transfer organization)
- Environment Photographer of the Year (Adobe Systems, Inc.)
- Enemalta Professional Officers Union (Ireland)
- Exotic Pet Owners Uniting
- Early Power Off Warning
- Ecology Picture of the Week (website)
- Emergency Power Off Warning (computing)
- Enemy Prisoner of War
Samples in periodicals archive:
He addresses the role of the expression of neural plasticity in creating symptoms and signs of disorders, electrical potentials, what anatomical structures generate the different components of such far field potentials as auditory brainstem responses and middle latency response, and how these potentials are affected by different pathologies.
Thirty two independent measurements of the electrical potential and peak amplitude of all four metals were recorded.
For example, IBM's Blue Gene/P system will be used to model electrical potentials in the brain, allowing researchers to verify several years' worth of posed hypotheses about the dynamics of sensory information processing.
Electrodialysis, which uses an electrical potential to drive ions through a membrane leaving the water behind is ideal for the countries in the region.
A second experiment used the fluorescent indicator JC-1 to measure changes in mitochondrial membrane potential (the difference in electrical potential between the inside and outside of the mitochondrial membrane) following exposure to [Zn.
Lightning forms when electrical charges become separated in a storm cloud and build up electrical potential between them, which is then discharged in the sudden bolt.