Impedance spectroscopy utilizing the electric cell-substrate impedance sensing (ECIS) technology (1) developed by Giaever and Keese has been used for monitoring the spreading [5,6], motility [7,8], and viability [9,10] of cells by electrical detection.
What does ECIS stand for?
ECIS stands for Electric Cell-substrate Impedance Sensing (mammalian cell monitoring; trademark of Applied BioPhysics)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECIS
We have 41 other meanings of ECIS in our Acronym Attic
- European Conference on Information Retrieval
- Explorations in Cyber International Relations (Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University)
- European Computer-Industry Research Centre (Munich, De)
- East Central Illinois Refugee Mutual Assistance Center (Urbana, IL)
- East Coast Impala Racing Series (various locations)
- Exceptional Circumstances Interest Rate Subsidies (government farm support; Australia)
- Education Center for IBM Software
- Education Center for International Students (Nagoya University; Japan)
- Eighteenth Century Ireland Society (est. 1986; Ireland)
- Eindhoven Centre for Innovation Studies (Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- Email Cancer Information Specialist (American Cancer Society)
- Endometrial Carcinoma In-Situ
- European Carbon Investors and Services
- European Colloid and Interface Society (Italy)
- European Committee for Interoperable Systems
- European Communities Information Service
- European Conference on Information Systems
- European Council of International Schools
- Electronic Combat International Security Assistance Program
- East Central Independent School District (San Antonio, TX)