The process produces electric arc furnace dust (EAFD), a hazardous material containing lead and cadmium.
What does EAFD stand for?
EAFD stands for Electric Arc Furnace Dust
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EAFD
- Elmendorf Air Force Base (Anchorage, AK)
- England Air Force Base (Alexandria, LA)
- East Asian Football Championship
- Educating Africans for Christ (Jackson, MS)
- Équipe Académique de Formation des Cadres (French: Team Academic Staff Training)
- Escrow Agents' Fidelity Corporation
- Evansville Area Fundraising Council (Evansville, IN)
- Eastern African Fine Coffees Association
- European American Football Coaches Association
- East Amherst Fire Department (est. 1919; East Amherst, NY)
- Équipe d'Accompagnement des Familles en Deuil (French: Team Support for Grieving Families)
- Edge-Average Finite Element
- Europe, Australasia and Far East
- Europe, Australia, and the Far East (markets)
- European Association of Fisheries Economists
- European Association of Forensic Entomologists
- Extended Arm Fume Extractor
- East Asian Federation of Ecological Societies (China; Japan; Korea)
- East Asian Football Federation (China)
- Eastern African Farmers Federation (est. 2001)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company, which will employ 43 people, will process electric arc furnace dust from the Nucor Hickman and Nucor Yamato steel plants in Mississippi County, converting it into marketable products used primarily in the metals industry.
K061 electric Arc Furnace dust from the primary production of steel, or because they exhibit a hazardous characteristic, i.
That is its co-mingling with melt department waste, such as electric arc furnace dust which is considered a hazardous waste.