With all these reforms, the most successful was the electoral reforms with baptism of the Electoral Commission of Kenya to the Independent Electoral and Boundary Commission (IEBC) of Kenya and the enactment of electoral laws that fired the old corrupted commissioners.
What does ECK stand for?
ECK stands for Electoral Commission of Kenya
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ECK
We have 20 other meanings of ECK in our Acronym Attic
- Élèves du Collège Jacques Monod (French: Jacques Monod College Students)
- Emerald City Jazz Orchestra (Seattle, WA)
- European Commission Joint Research Centre (Ispra, Italy)
- East Coast Joint Stock (railroads; UK)
- Éducation Civique Juridique et Sociale (French: Legal and Social Civic Education)
- European Center of Jewish Students (Brussels, Belgium)
- East Carolina Junior Volleyball Club
- East Coast Kiteboarding.com (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida)
- Edge Christian Kurt Angle wrestling Trio & Tag Team
- Edge, Christian and Kurt (pro wrestling)
- Engineering College Kota (Kota, India)
- Etat Critik Krew (band)
- Europejskie Centrum Konsumenckie (Polish: European Consumer Center; Warsaw, Poland)
- El Carmelo Kids' Club (Palo Alto, CA)
- Elm City Kennel Club (New Haven, CT)
- Emerald City Kickoff Classic (Seattle, WA)
- Engineers Club of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Exeter Cathedral Keystones and Carvings (UK)
- Extended Count Key Data
- East Coast Kayak Fishing (team)
Samples in periodicals archive:
13) Most of the violence broke out right after the Electoral Commission of Kenya first delayed announcing the presidential results for days, then declaring Mwai Kibaki the winner of the presidency on 30 December 2007.
The implementation of the recommendations made by the Independent Review Commission (IREC) on the 2007 elections, headed by the retired South African judge and elections expert, Johann Kriegler, that involved disbanding the discredited Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK) and setting in motion the legal process of crafting an Interim Independent Electoral Commission (IIEC) and an Interim Independent Boundaries Commission (IIBC), are some of the other key successes of the Coalition Government.
By 10:15pm the Electoral Commission of Kenya had released results from 69 of the country's 210 constituencies, with Odinga leading by 1,691,679 votes to 1,222,725 for Kibaki.
The east African country descended into violence soon after the electoral commission of Kenya announced President Mwai Kibaki of the Party of National Unity as the winner of the Dec.
constitutional reform, the Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK), and land issues.
Matters became even more dubious as the vote tallies were collected and recorded at the Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK).