Bill Would Exclude Elective Abortions in State Health Care Plans (The Texas Tribune): "The House Insurance Committee heard debate Tuesday on a bill that would prohibit the coverage of elective abortions in minimum state health plans, and would require women to opt into and pay more for abortion coverage.
What does EA stand for?
EA stands for Elective Abortion (also seen as EAb)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EA
We have 103 other meanings of EA in our Acronym Attic
- Education Austin
- Educational Administration
- Educator Ambassador
- Effective Address (Von Neumann cycle step)
- Effective Altruism (movement)
- Eigenmächtig Abwesend (German)
- Ejército Argentino (Argentinian Army)
- Ejército del Aire (Spanish Air Force)
- El Alacran
- Elastane (fiber)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aetna has agreed to the settlement and, according to Huff, admits to numerous violations of the Missouri law by issuing health insurance policies that allegedly "routinely" provide coverage for elective abortions, providing contraceptives without allowing employers to opt out of that coverage and excluding coverage for autism spectrum disorders (in violation of a 2010 autism insurance law).
Elective abortions in Kosovo are permitted at the request of the woman until the 10th week of pregnancy.
3) Interestingly, the study also established that women who have undergone an induced or elective abortion showed higher avoidance strategies and an increased sense of intrusion when asked about their experiences.
The Nebraska law prohibits elective abortion at and after 20 weeks of pregnancy, at which time there is substantial medical evidence that the unborn child can feel pain.
Stupak provided the critical flip-flop, claiming he could switch and vote for the "Obamacare" bill because President Obama had promised to sign an executive order to ensure that no federal money would be used for elective abortions under the insurance system created by the new law.