Significant reform developments also occurred, particularly unprecedented levels of early voting and the adoption of Election Day registration by Iowa and Montana.
What does EDR stand for?
EDR stands for Election Day Registration
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EDR
We have 180 other meanings of EDR in our Acronym Attic
- Early Data Release
- Earthquake Data Report(s) (USGS)
- ECG-Derived Respiration
- École de Rugby (French rugby school)
- Economic and Demographic Research
- Economic Data Report (various organizations)
- Economic Demonstrated Resources (geological resources)
- Economic Development Representative (various organizations)
- Effective Downwind Report
- Efficient Data Representation
Samples in periodicals archive:
You seem to dismiss Election Day registration by stating that it can, at best, increase voter turnout by 4 percent.
60) Election day registration would benefit highly mobile, transient voters and numerous studies have estimated that this would boost turnout for all segments of the population, but especially among those aged eighteen to twenty-nine and individuals who moved in the last two years.
Perhaps someone should tell her that election day registration is no different from "same day" registration--a concept that has earned the bad reputation it has.
In the six states that allow Election Day registration, turnout in 2000 was 15 percent higher than elsewhere.