While the current system has improved vertical equity, reducing effective marginal tax rates for most families, it is families in the 4th, 5th and 6th decile that currently face the highest effective marginal tax rates (Harding, Vu et al.
What does EMTR stand for?
EMTR stands for Effective Marginal Tax Rate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EMTR
We have 1 other meaning of EMTR in our Acronym Attic
- Employee Managed Time Off
- Exact Muffin-Tin Orbitals (quantam mechanics method)
- Exchange of Mixed Traffic Over X.25 (Cisco)
- Electromagnetic Transients Program
- Emergency Management Training Programme (UN)
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
- Eastern Michigan Tractor Pulling Association
- East Midlands Tenant Participation Forum (UK)
- Elegant MicroWeb Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Elekiban Magneto-Therapeutic Pain Patch
- Electronic Modular Test Rig
- Enlisted Master Tape Record (US Army)
- Evansville Museum Transportation Center (Illinois)
- Educational Media & Technologies Section (Medical Library Association)
- Electrical, Mechanical, and Thermal Specification
- Electronic Management Tracking System
- Emerging Markets Telecommunications Services (telecom company, Nigeria)
- Enhanced Maintenance Test Set
- Environmental Methods Testing Site (EPA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Exhibit 1: Tax policy topics Individuals Entities * Taxation of families * Dividends * Tax rate structure * Alternative tax systems * Compliance * Tax shelters * Alternative minimum tax * Public disclosure of tax returns * Social Security * Disclosure of book/tax differences * EIC * Domestic manufacturing deduction * Effective marginal tax rates * Incentives to repatriate earnings (EIC, medical expense deduction, personal exemptions, itemized deductions, etc.
MEASURES OF MARGINAL TAX RATES To estimate the effective marginal tax rate on income of country i we regress its annual total tax revenues ([REV.
There is still a great effective marginal tax rate of around 85 per cent for people coming out of the housing tax benefit/council tax benefit trap.
Large fiscal deficits stem from high effective marginal tax rates that encourage avoidance and do not raise adequate revenue.
376) is close to the effective marginal tax rate estimated by Mendoza, Razin, and Tesar  for the benchmark year of 1988 (0.
For those with taxable income over $250,000 ($125,000 for married persons filing separately), an additional 10% surtax applies, raising the effective marginal tax rate to 39.