While this appears to so far have been an isolated incident and there have been no victims in Birmingham, we want to remind people that the Education Welfare Service does not phone parents demanding payment immediately over the phone.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Education Welfare Service (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- Euromicro Workshop on Real-Time Systems (computing research conference)
- E Web Solutions (various locations)
- Early Warning Signal
- Early Warning System
- Early Wet Season
- Earth Wheel Sky (band)
- East Wiltshire School (Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- East Woods School (Long Island, NY)
- Eastern Washington State
- Economically Weaker Section
- Egypt Web Solutions
- Electrical Wafer Sorting (operation of electrically testing dice on a silicon wafer)
- Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Electronic Warfare Squadron
- Electronic Warfare Suite
- Electronic Warfare Supervisor/System
- Electronic Warfare Support
- Electronic Weather Station (various companies)
- Electronic Weighing Scale
- Electronic Wood Systems (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Councillor Harvey Jones, cabinet member for education, said: "Non-school attendance will not be tolerated in the county borough and the education welfare service works hard to ensure that all children attend school in order to benefit their future.
The court heard how the education welfare service tried to support the 15-year-old girl and her mother in an effort to improve the situation.
The probe follows a Dudley council education welfare service report which found "serious problems in recording attendance".
A Birmingham City spokesperson said: "We have written to all schools in the city over the past year to highlight the importance of making referrals to our education welfare service in all cases where schools are considering taking a pupil off roll, where no immediate approved education placement has been identified.
The education welfare service works closely and successfully with parents, carers and children when problems arise, offering support and advice.
``If parents who are worried about their child's behaviour live in an area with a Best team then great, but if not they should contact the education welfare service or the social inclusion team on 0151-233 3000.