Dana Center, Complete College America, Education Commission of the States and Jobs for the Future) say colleges' remedial classes don't focus on the skills students need for their particular majors and lack the support that could help students develop goals.
What does ECS stand for?
ECS stands for Education Commission of the States (Denver, CO)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ECS
We have 608 other meanings of ECS in our Acronym Attic
- East Coast Swing (dance style)
- Eastern Caribbean States
- Eastern Computer Services, Incorporated
- Eau Chaude Sanitaire (French: Domestic Hot Water)
- Eberron Campaign Setting (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Ecological Classification System
- eComStation (operating system)
- Économie, Confor,t Service (French: Economy, Comfort, Service)
- Économique et Commerciale Scientifique (French: Economic and Commercial Science)
- Economy Class Syndrome (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- Education Consulting Service (various organizations)
- Education Continuing Studies (Augsburg College; Minneapolis, MN)
- Education Cost Sharing (Connecticut)
- Education, Community and Society (UK)
- Education, Culture & Society (various schools)
- Educational Career Services
- Educator Certification System (Illinois State Board of Education)
- Effects Coordination System
- Egyptian Commercial Service (Egyptian Ministry of Trade and Industry)
- Elastic Container Service (Amazon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new study by the Education Commission of the States found it does, but not as much as most think.
This book, based on an online research primer developed by Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning and the Education Commission of the States, addresses that trend and is aimed at educational researchers, school leaders, teachers, and policy makers.
According to the Education Commission of the States, since 2000 there have been 24 policy changes in 17 states regarding school leadership licensure and certification.
A former president of the Community College Policy Center at the Education Commission of the States, Boswell is managing Bridges to Opportunity, a project funded by the Ford Foundation to work on accountability measures for community colleges.
In this report, the Education Commission of the States (ECS) provides a state-by-state overview of full-day kindergarten in the United States.
The Education Commission of the States, a national, nonprofit organization that helps public and education officials develop public policies to improve student learning, will hold its spring steering committee meeting at Little Rock on April 6-7.