In 2005 Professor McMahon returned to Edinburgh University as Forbes Professor of English Language and Head of the Department of Linguistics and English Language.
What does EU stand for?
EU stands for Edinburgh University (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EU
We have 16 other meanings of EU in our Acronym Attic
- Edelstahl Technik Zechner (German: Zechner Stainless Steel Technology; Austria)
- Electron Transparent Zone
- Elektrotechnische Zeitschrift
- Extensional Transform Zone (geology)
- Metz/Nancy, France - Frescaty (Airport Code)
- East Tennessee Zinc Company, LLC
- Eastern University (St Davids, Pennsylvania)
- Ecko Unlimited
- Ecuatoriana de Aviacion, SA (airline code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But rivaroxaban is twice as effective at blocking fatal brain bleeds and has fewer side effects, experts from Edinburgh University and North Carolina's Duke University found.
But a source at Edinburgh University said: "It is being kept under wraps but the idea is to attract bright young scientists and young doctors to the facility which would become a centre of international excellence.
For the study, researchers at Edinburgh University looked at 1,066 people with type 2 diabetes aged between 60 and 75.
A team at Edinburgh University studied more than 900 men and women aged between 60 and 75 with Type 2 diabetes, which tends to affect the over 40s.
An acquaintance had asked him if he could do anything to help an Edinburgh University student who had been hospitalised in the Scottish capital's Royal Infirmary.