But Ede and Ravenscroft began life in 1689 and went on to tailor coronation robes and formal court dress for every British monarch right up to Elizabeth II, not to mention the robes worn by successive Ministers of State and senior parliamentarians.
What does E&R stand for?
E&R stands for Ede and Ravenscroft (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of E&R
- Electronic and Printed (books)
- Energy and Petroleum
- Engineering and Procurement
- Engraving and Printing
- Ethics and Philosophy (various schools)
- Exploration and Production
- Engineering and Product Definition
- Engineering and Product Design Education (conference; also seen as EPDE)
- Engraving and Printing Federal Credit Union
- Education and Public Outreach
- Education and Research
- Energy & Resources
- Engineering and Repair (US Navy)
- Environmental & Regulatory (various companies)
- Escape and Resistance
- Evangelisatie en Recreatie (Dutch: Evangelism and Recreation; church)
- Evasion and Recovery (US DoD)
- Evidence & Reports (Canada)
- Exchange & Repair (FAA)
- Environment and Resource Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
In other areas of St George's Hall, Lewis's store is providing hair and beauty experts to keep dancers looking grand during the event; there will be a special Champagne bar made entirely of ice; and photographers Ede and Ravenscroft will be on hand to take professional portraits.
The Ede and Ravenscroft Prize, which includes a pounds 1,000 cheque, is awarded annually to the first or second-year student who made the greatest contribution to the nominating department during the year.
1 EDE AND RAVENSCROFT If you must wear just one suit during the season of goodwill then why not make it something very special?
They were designed by Royal robe-makers Ede and Ravenscroft.
Over 350 companies are already confirmed to exhibit at the The National Wedding Show, including celebrity cake designer Savoir Design, retailers Debenhams, travel specialists Barefoot Luxury, confectioners Swizzles Matlow, wedding list company Wrapit, oldest tailor in London Ede and Ravenscroft, designer shoes Melbo Ltd and The Original Chocolate Fountain.
Her college presented her with the Ede and Ravenscroft award of pounds 1,000 for an outstanding contribution in an area outside her academic subject.
Jonathan Ross might favour the burnt orange cotton and cashmere softly tailored corduroy suit by Ede and Ravenscroft, London's oldest tailor.