But airlines argued they were only liable for "accidents" and that DVT, known as economy class syndrome, wasn't in this category.
What does ECS stand for?
ECS stands for Economy Class Syndrome (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ECS
We have 608 other meanings of ECS in our Acronym Attic
- East Coast Supercharging (Cream Ridge, NJ)
- East Coast Swing (dance style)
- Eastern Caribbean States
- Eastern Computer Services, Incorporated
- Eau Chaude Sanitaire (French: Domestic Hot Water)
- Eberron Campaign Setting (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Ecological Classification System
- eComStation (operating system)
- Économie, Confor,t Service (French: Economy, Comfort, Service)
- Économique et Commerciale Scientifique (French: Economic and Commercial Science)
- Education Commission of the States (Denver, CO)
- Education Consulting Service (various organizations)
- Education Continuing Studies (Augsburg College; Minneapolis, MN)
- Education Cost Sharing (Connecticut)
- Education, Community and Society (UK)
- Education, Culture & Society (various schools)
- Educational Career Services
- Educator Certification System (Illinois State Board of Education)
- Effects Coordination System
- Egyptian Commercial Service (Egyptian Ministry of Trade and Industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: By GEMNMA WILLIAMS South Wales Echo A woman whose daughter died from so-called economy class syndrome after a long-haul flight has pledged to continue her fight for justice.
VICTIMS of deep vein thrombosis - so-called economy class syndrome - today lost their appeal to the Law Lords for the right to claim compensation from airlines.
140) RELATED ARTICLE: Economy CLASS SYNDROME Deep vein thrombosis--blood clots, usually in the deep veins of the legs--can be the result of sitting in cramped airplane seats for long flights.
Byline: AMARDEEP BASSEY A MIDLAND Land Rover worker is considering legal action against an airline after falling victim to economy class syndrome which nearly killed him.
The daughters of a man who died from economy class syndrome are to hand a petition to Prime Minister Tony Blair.
The term economy class syndrome should be avoided," said the scientists writing in the Lancet.
Gary Gibson, 37, collapsed in Majorca earlier this month from possible economy class syndrome after flying in on a family holiday from Scotland.