Khartoum, May 28 (SUNA)-Sudan taking part in the celebrations marking the re-election incumbent Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan on May 29Sudan Ambassador to Nigeria, Awad Moursee , has said the Sudan delegation will be led by the Presidential Advisor, Al Sheikh Beesh and that it will draw director of the Department of African Affairs in the Foreign Ministry and Chairman of Protocols, along with Sudan ambassador to NigeriaThe delegation is expected to partake in the meetings of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), a regional group of fifteen West African countriesAH/MABack Copyright 2011 by: Sudan News Agency.
What does ECWAS stand for?
ECWAS stands for Economic Community of West African States
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECWAS
We have 1 other meaning of ECWAS in our Acronym Attic
- Extreme Cold Weather
- East Coast Wrestling Association
- Economic Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
- Environment Centre of Western Australia (Perth, Western Australia, Australia)
- Erie County Water Authority (New York)
- Evangelical Church of West Africa. Ecwa (Nigeria)
- Evangelical Church Winning All (Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria)
- Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants
- Essex County Wind Action Group (Canada)
- Economic Commission for Western Asia (now Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia; UN)
- East Coast Wahine Championships (surfing; est. 1997)
- East Coast Wrestling Club (est. 1993)
- Electronic Circuits World Convention
- Empire Collegiate Wrestling Conference (New York)
- Equestrian Center of Walnut Creek (Walnut Creek, CA)
- East Central Writing Centers Association
- Extended Cold Weather Clothing System
- East Coast Web Design (Charlottesville, VA)
- Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy
- Education Centre for Women in Democracy
Samples in periodicals archive:
Presidents of Ghana,Senegal,Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau andNigeria,meeting under the auspices of the Economic Community of West African States regional bloc,agreed to send troops to Ivory Coast and ``activate stand-by units within the armed forces of member states'' to create a permanent ``rapid response force'',leaders said in a statement.