In July, broker Willis, through its research network, launched the economic capital forum at Georgia State University with the aim of supporting the industry's development and use of economic capital models, which are required under Solvency II and other regulatory regimes worldwide.
What does ECM stand for?
ECM stands for Economic Capital Model
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECM
We have 363 other meanings of ECM in our Acronym Attic
- Earth Covered Magazine (concrete structure used to store ammuntion)
- East Central Minnesota
- Echo Canceler Method
- École Centrale Marseille (French: Marseille Central School; Marseille, France)
- École de Charité et de Mission de Marseille (French: Marseille Charity and Mission School; Marseille, France)
- École de Combat Médiéval (French: Medieval Combat School)
- École de Comédie Musicale de Paris (French: Paris Musical Comedy School; Paris, France)
- École de Commerce et de Management (French: School of Business and Management)
- École de Conduite Manzoni (French driving school)
- Ecole-Club Migros (Swiss health club)
- Ecumenical Christian Ministry (Kansas)
- Eddy Current Monitoring (nuclear power)
- Editions of Contemporary Music (Munich, Germany record company)
- Educazione Continua in Medicina (Italy)
- Eggwhite Cervical Mucus (fertility charting)
- Electret Condenser Microphone
- Electric Cipher Machine (US Navy)
- Electro Cell Manipulator
- Electro-Chemical Machining
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some progress has been made in establishing links between ERM and decision making, ability to define a portfolio view of risk and the enhancement of modeling capabilities, especially economic capital models.
The goal of an economic capital model is to provide managers with a comprehensive picture of their organization's risks under different scenarios and to demonstrate the impact of an organization's risk profile and strategic choices.
AIG says it expects to incorporate the economic capital model and its results more fully into decisionmaking processes throughout the organization over the next few years.