These organizations routinely employ ABR to perform wetland mapping; endangered and threatened species surveys; wildlife and fisheries population monitoring; ecological land classification and habitat mapping; soil, water and vegetation sampling; radar ornithology; watershed assessments; restoration/reclamation planning; and a myriad of similar projects.
What does ELC stand for?
ELC stands for Ecological Land Classification (Canada)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELC
We have 263 other meanings of ELC in our Acronym Attic
- Extreme-Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- East London Black Women Organisation (London, UK)
- Elaborate Bytes (software company)
- E-Learning Credit (Department for Education and Skills; UK)
- Early Learning Centre (UK)
- Early Learning Coalition
- East Lothian Council (UK)
- Eastern Luzon College (Philippines)
- Easy Logistics Center (software)
- École des Langues et Cultures (French: School of Languages and Cultures)
- Education Law Center
- Education Leadership Conference (annual conference)
- Education Leadership Council
- Education Learning Community (various locations)
- Egyptian Labour Corps
- El Centro, California (border patrol sector)
- Electric Leet Crash (gaming clan)
- Electric Lighting Concept (France)
- Electrical Load Center (military helicopters)
- Electronic Learning Community (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At root this book seems to have evolved from deep familiarity with biosphere reserves, protected area networks, ecologically sustainable development, and ecological land classification as practiced in Canada, the USA and Australia.
His assignment at the time of the transfer was to develop a national ecological land classification for interagency application.