Nick Carter, director general at RSB, said: "We are pleased to be supporting EWS-WWF in its work on the Ecological Footprint Initiative.
What does EF stand for?
EF stands for Ecological Footprint
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EF
We have 35 other meanings of EF in our Acronym Attic
- East End Youth Basketball (Richmond, VA)
- Economic Empowerment Zone
- Eiropas Ekonomikas Zonas (Latvian: European Economic Area)
- Enhanced Enterprise Zone (Missouri)
- Europska Ekonomska Zajednica (Croatian: European Economic Community)
- Exclusive Economic Zone (aka Economic Exclusion Zone)
- Extended Economic Zone (various nations)
- Eagle Forum
- Early Finish
- Edema Factor (microbiology; bacillary subunit of anthrax)
- Education First (internation English school)
- Education Foundation (various organizations)
- Educational Forum
- Ejection Fraction
- Ejection Fraction (cardiology)
- Elbow Flexor
- Electric Field
- Electro-Flechette (gaming, Missionforce: Cyberstorm)
- Electro-Focus (Canon Cameras)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The conference recommended that Arab countries reduce their ecological footprints by restoring degraded land, refilling depleted aquifers and fisheries as well as reducing pollution and generating less waste overall.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Is Africa's ecological footprint on the right path?
The report said that the country's ecological footprint totalled 11.
Right from the initiatives like the Ecological Footprint Initiative (Al Bassama Al Bee'ah) to declaring Wadi Wuraiah as a protected zone, the EWS has in a decade of its service laid ground for the sustainable development of the UAE.
According to the 2010 Living Planet Report by the World Wildlife Fund, UAE residents have the biggest ecological footprint in the world.
In 2010, Darwin has emerged as Australia's most sustainable city, scoring highly on biodiversity, household repayments and employment, despite coming second-last on ecological footprint and health indicators.