A mission from WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office and headquarters recently arrived in Amman to assist in further epidemiological surveillance and strengthen the sentinel surveillance systems for severe acute respiratory infections (SARIs).
What does EMRO stand for?
EMRO stands for Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (World Health Organization)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EMRO
We have 8 other meanings of EMRO in our Acronym Attic
- Exicmer Moderate-Power Raman Laser Device
- East Midlands Regional Local Government Association (UK)
- East Midlands Regional Library Service (UK)
- Eastern Mass Regional Library System (Boston, MA)
- Equal Marriage Rights Month
- Equipment Maintenance Related Material
- Extended Markov Reward Model
- East Midlands Regional Management Board (UK)
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center (Danville, KY)
- Department of Enginyeria Minera i Recursos Naturals (Catalan: Mining Engineering and Natural Resources; University of Catalonia)
- Educational Media Reviews Online (Internet database)
- Effective Microorganisms Research Organization (various locations)
- Electromagnetic Radiation Operation(al)
- Emergency Management and Response Office
- European Media Research Organisations (est. 1960; Danikon, Switzerland)
- Electro Magnetic Radiation Optimum Neutralizer (RADIAX)
- Epson Micro Robot System
- Effective Monopole Radiated Power
- Emergency Multisector Recovery Program (Angola)
- Emerging Markets Regional Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
CARIO, (SANA) -- Activities of the 58th session of the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean on Sunday kicked off with the participation of 23 countries including Syria at the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office headquarters in Cairo.
The Middle Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office will also meet to nominate names of the members of the WHO General Assembly and candidates to join the WHO executive council.
Dr Sayed Mohammad Amin Fatimie Minister of the Public Health signed the declaration in the presence of the Assistant Regional Director of Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office of World Health Organization (WHO) Abdullah Salih Assadi.
He added that Al-Manie would also be given the "Regional Achievement Award" for his role in promoting "Vision 2020: The Right to Sight" initiative on behalf of the World Health Organization's Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (EMRO).
The students' creations will be sent to the World Health Organisation's Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office in Cairo for consideration, SCH International Health Relations manager Dr Abdul-Latif al-Abdullah said.
Held under his patronage, the three-day event was organised by the Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (EMRO) of World Health Organisation in collaboration with the ministry.
Speaking to Khaleej Times , Dr Hassan El Bushra, director of the Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office, WHO said the health body had not changed its recommendations.