In this new study, Joseph Sparano, MD, of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine's Montefiore Medical Center, in Bronx, NY, and his colleagues across the US cancer cooperative groups compared the health outcomes of obese and overweight patients with others in a large group of women with stage I-III breast cancer who had participated in three National Cancer Institute-sponsored treatment trials led by the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (now part of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group).
What does ECOG stand for?
ECOG stands for Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ECOG
We have 23 other meanings of ECOG in our Acronym Attic
- Environment Conservation and Outdoor Education (New Zealand)
- European Conference on Organic Electronics and Related Phenomena
- Exploring Career Options in Engineering and Science
- Early Childhood Observation Form (psychology)
- European Conference on Organized Films
- European Council on Occupational Fraud (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners; EU)
- Eye Centers of Florida (Fort Myers)
- Council of Finance Ministers of the European Union
- Economic and Financial Committee
- Ecological Committee on FIFRA (Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act) Risk Assessment Methods
- Electronics Coordinating Group
- Englewood Citizens for Open Government (Englewood, CO)
- European Child Obesity Group
- Evergreen Club of Ghana (Ghana)
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Performance Status Scale
- European Cooperative Of Graphic Artists (Essen NRW, DE)
- European Council of General Aviation Support
- Early Church Of God In Christ
Samples in periodicals archive:
FROM THE ANNUAL CHICAGO SUPPORTIVE ONCOLOGY CONFERENCE CHICAGO--Nonpain symptoms, particularly fatigue, sleep disturbance, and drowsiness, were the most common moderate to severe symptoms among cancer patients undergoing treatment in a community ambulatory setting, according to new data from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group study of Symptom Outcomes and Practice Patterns.
Two large, randomized, controlled trials addressing the safety and efficacy of HRT in breast cancer survivors are now underway, one by the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group and the other--a Swedish trial--called Hormone replAcement therapy in Breast cancer survivors--Is iT Safe?
In an accompanying editorial, Richard Fischer, MD of the Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, IL noted that "the Southwest Oncology Group, Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, and the Cancer and Acute Leukemia Group B have joined to initiate a prospective, randomized, phase III comparison of early versus delayed HDC+ABMT" in patients with high-intermediate and high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.