v) Explosive cyclogenesis: The rapid formation of a deep low, commonly known as an East Coast Low, means big problems.
What does ECL stand for?
ECL stands for East Coast Low
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECL
We have 236 other meanings of ECL in our Acronym Attic
- East Coast Kayak Fishing (team)
- En Chu Kong Hospital (Taiwan)
- European Conference on Knowledge Management
- European Commando Krav Maga Federation (self-defense organization)
- Enhanced Cluster K-Ary N-Cube
- Eddy Current Killed Oscillator (trigger mechanism in automotive electronic ignitions systems)
- Association of European Cancer Leagues (Brussels, Belgium)
- E-Caprolactone (chemistry)
- Early Childhood Learning (various locations)
- East Coast LAN (gaming organization)
- Eastern Car Liner (Japan)
- Eastern Coalfields Limited (India)
- Easy Compression Library (software)
- Ecolab, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Ecole Centrale de Lyon (French: Central School of Lyon; France)
- Ecole de Cadres de Lausanne (Switzerland)
- École de Conduite Laumière (French driving school)
- École de Conduite Lexovienne (French driving school)
- École, Collège, Lycée (French: School, College, High School)
- Economic Conformance Level
Samples in periodicals archive:
With Dr Kevin Walsh, she is analysing regional climatic data to determine the strength and frequency of cyclones, cold fronts on the southern coastline, and the east coast lows that affect the New South Wales south coast and Sydney.
WEATHER PROBLEMS Some weather problems at this time of the year could be: * The East Coast Low can be a problem, especially a late tropical cyclone (as mentioned above) or a tropical low that has moved south from Qld waters.