The study, published online this month in Proceedings of the Royal Society B, is the first evidence that song-matching is used as an early warning signal.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Early Warning Signal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- Everglades Wetland Research Park (Florida Gulf Coast University)
- Eastern Western Range Safety Requirements
- European Workshop for Rheumatology Research
- Early Warning Rapid Response System (HIV/AIDS)
- Early Warning Reporting System
- European Weed Research Society
- Environmental and Water Resources Systems Analysis Symposium
- Electronic Warfare Request/Tasking Message
- Euromicro Workshop on Real-Time Systems (computing research conference)
- E Web Solutions (various locations)
- Early Warning System
- Early Wet Season
- Earth Wheel Sky (band)
- East Wiltshire School (Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- East Woods School (Long Island, NY)
- Eastern Washington State
- Economically Weaker Section
- Education Welfare Service (UK)
- Egypt Web Solutions
- Electrical Wafer Sorting (operation of electrically testing dice on a silicon wafer)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study is the first evidence that song-matching is used as an early warning signal.
Smoke alarms give an early warning signal which allows everyone to evacuate the building as soon as possible.
They were the type of early warning signals that Franklin was talking about.
The exposure of the Government's plans can only be seen as a blatant early warning signal for these people, which will enable them all to switch their fortunes to countries that will both ignore and deny HMRC any information as to their wealth.
Banksman Radar is an intelligent, fully-programmable reversing radar detection system designed to an early warning signal - alerting the operator the potential danger.