Hospital chief executive Prof Ros Keeton said: "When women come to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit, we always explain what potentially may be causing any problems and the tests they will need to help us to make a diagnosis.
What does EPAU stand for?
EPAU stands for Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EPAU
We have 2 other meanings of EPAU in our Acronym Attic
- Early Psychosis Assessment Team
- Enterprise Project Alignment Tool (US DoD)
- Environmental Paper Assessment Tool (Metafore)
- Environmental Program Action Team
- Estrogen in the Prevention of Atherosclerosis Trial
- Executive Performance and Appraisal Tool (US DoD)
- Executive Programme in Algorithmic Trading (Mumbai, India)
- Extra Corporeal Activation Technique (footcare)
- European Personal Air Transportation System
- East Palo Alto Tennis and Tutoring
- Emergency Psychiatric Assessment Unit (Canada)
- Evaluation and Policy Analysis Unit (UN High Commissioner for Refugees)
- Education and Practice in Artificial Vision
- electric Personal Air Vehicle
- Environment Protection Authority of Victoria (Australia)
- Electronic Packaging and Validation Engine
- Emergency Partnership Advisory Workgroup (California)
- Education and Public Affairs Working Group
- Estes Park Area Weavers Guild (Estes Park, CO, USA)
- Electronic Private Automatic Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
It also showed: CONSULTANTS and registrars accounted for 79% of health professionals who made the false diagnoses MEDICATION to aid the miscarriage of a foetus was prescribed to eight women SIX women underwent an operative procedure FORMAL training in early pregnancy ultrasound was reported by only three of the clinicians who made an initial diagnosis IN 12 cases there was no mandatory training in ultrasound within the hospital at the time the case occurred EIGHT hospitals did not have an early pregnancy assessment unit at the time of the diagnoses, and IN six cases the scanning machine was more than five years old.
The Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit at Bridgend's Princess of Wales Hospital provides a one-stop service for women experiencing bleeding or pain.
Manjit Iqbal, aged 35, of West Bromwich, donated the gifts to the early pregnancy assessment unit at Sandwell General Hospital, having already acted on a pledge to raise much needed funds for improvements.
Chiefs have introduced an early pregnancy assessment unit for any abnormalities that may occur.
A severe reduction in the number of deliveries at the hospital is expected but enhanced antenatal and postnatal clinics as well as an early pregnancy assessment unit are likely to increase day case activity.
January 1, 2002 - Early pregnancy assessment unit opens.
These include new guidelines and protocols to cover all aspects of treatment and the establishment of an early pregnancy assessment unit to detect any abnormalities that may occur.