Early morning wakening whereby you consistently wake at 3am bright wide awake, is a common feature of depression but can also reflect regular evening drinking which is a common accompaniment of both stress and depression.
What does EMW stand for?
EMW stands for Early Morning Wakening (aka terminal insomnia)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMW
We have 34 other meanings of EMW in our Acronym Attic
- Gesetz Über Die Elektromagnetische Verträglichkeit Von Geräten (German: Electromagnetic Compatibility Act)
- École de Musique Vincent d'Indy (Outrement, Quebec, Canada music school)
- European Malaria Vaccine Initiative (now European Vaccine Initiative)
- Etopia Media Voting News (television show)
- Elementaire Militaire Vlieger Opleidings (Vlieger Basic Military Training; Netherlands)
- Ecole de Management de l'Industrie du Voyage et des Loisirs (French)
- East Midlands Voluntary Sector Forum (UK)
- Elevage et Médecine Vétérinaire Tropicale (French: Institute of Tropical Breeding and Veterinary Medicine)
- Elektromagnetische Verträglichkeit in Bezug auf die Umwelt
- East Midlands Voluntary Youth (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Modern sleeping tablets are short-acting and nigh on useless for preventing early morning wakening (sometimes a symptom of depression, but common in older people who need less sleep) and you may just have to put up with getting out of bed early.