This was reviewed to become Early Learning Goals (QCA 1999) which, in England, was replaced in 2000 by the Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage (QCA 2000).
What does ELG stand for?
ELG stands for Early Learning Goals (education)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELG
We have 50 other meanings of ELG in our Acronym Attic
- Extremely Low Frequency Research and Development
- E-Learning for Social Care Consultation (Social Care Institute for Excellence; UK)
- Eagle Lake Field Station (Lassen County, CA)
- East Lansing Film Society (Michigan)
- Electronic Legion of Feminist Sounds (DJ association)
- Enterprise Labour Flexibility and Security Surveys (various organizations)
- European Labour Force Survey (EU)
- Engineering Logistics and Field Support Center (US Army LOGSA)
- Electric Lights Flashing Very Fast (band)
- E-Legal Gathering (UK)
- Education and Local Government Interim Committee (Montana)
- Effluent Limitation Guideline
- Elite Lucky Gamers (various locations)
- Encompass Lighting Group (Skokie, IL)
- Endoluminal Graft
- Engineering Log Generator
- Enhanced Landing Gear (US Army Apache helicopter)
- Entomological Livestock Group
- Environmental Litigation Group, PC (Birmingham, AL)
- Equal Life Group (depreciation method)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this article, the authors suggest activities that can be used by early educators and families to promote early learning goals for young children.
The next five points are drawn from the early learning goals themselves.
Inspectors said the majority of children are working well below early learning goals when they enter Kings Rise school.
Standards attained by children and young people were satisfactory overall and indicated a rising trend "Children are supported well in their early years and make good progress towards meeting early learning goals.
They found it difficult to find one that offered a homely environment, while meeting early learning goals.
If they have achieved the early learning goals, they have reached Level 1 in the ``baseline assessment``.