An Early Day Motion (EDM 687) has been tabled in Westminster calling for immediate cessation of the assessments and for the government "to conduct a radical and thorough overhaul of the system before there is more senseless loss of life through a process the outcomes of which appear to be beyond parliamentary accountability.
What does EDM stand for?
EDM stands for Early Day Motion (UK parliament)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EDM
We have 198 other meanings of EDM in our Acronym Attic
- Écoles de la Terre (French: Schools of the Earth; Switzerland)
- Electric Double Layer Transistor (physics)
- Enfants de la Terre (French: Children of the Earth)
- Munster-Telgte (airport code; Germany)
- Niederrhein (airport code; Germany)
- End-Diastolic Left Ventricular Diameter
- End-Diastolic Left Ventricular Pressure
- Airport Dortmund, Germany
- East District Lutheran Young Adults
- Ear Drum Music
- Early Detection Mode
- École Départementale de Musique (French: Departmental School of Music)
- École des Managers (French: School of Managers)
- École Doctorale Médicament (French: Medical Doctoral School)
- ECTU Documents Manager
- EDM Drilling Machines
- Edmonds (Amtrak station code; Edmonds, WA)
- Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)
- Educational Data Mining
- Ego Defense Mechanism (psychology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PLAID CYMRU MP Hywel Williams has tabled an early day motion expressing concern about the National Grid's proposals to erect more pylons in North Wales.
Mr Cunningham led more than 30 MPs who signed the early day motion to mark World Sepsis Day and push for greater awareness about the disease.
Byline: HAZEL ETTIENNE CHURCH leaders from across West Yorkshire are calling on the region's MPs to sign a cross-party Early Day Motion calling for the inclusion of RE in the core subjects of the English Baccalaureate.
Jarrow MP Stephen Hepburn has laid down an Early Day Motion in relation to Siemens' decision to close the Trench UK plant at Hebburn, South Tyneside.
Byline: Howard Wright THE future of the Tote is the subject of an early day motion tabled in the House of Commons yesterday by MPs Alan Meale and Laurence Robertson, the jointchairmen of the All-Party Racing Group.
Byline: Nigel Nelson EARLY Day Motions are the way MPs express their opinions in the Commons when they can't be bothered to make a speech.
Although the Clwyd South MP does list his links to the organisation in the register of members' interests he did not do so on the Early Day Motion he tabled as required by the Commons code of conduct.