Controlling NOx is one of the primary emissions-reduction strategies in the Early Action Compact, an agreement that local governments in Central Texas entered into with the EPA and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
What does EAC stand for?
EAC stands for Early Action Compact
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EAC
We have 453 other meanings of EAC in our Acronym Attic
- East African Bottling Share Company (soft drinks)
- Everett Area Board of School Directors (Pennsylvania)
- Emissions Allocation and Burden Sharing Working Group (Canada)
- Educatie Achter Buitenlandse Tralies (Dutch: Education behind Foreign Bars)
- East Anglia Border Terrier Club (UK)
- Evertonians against Blue Union (football; UK)
- Effective Arterial Blood Volume
- Emballages Artisanals du Bois de Vot (French handcrafted wood packaging)
- Executive Advisory Board Exchange (Florida)
- Chief Engineering Aide (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Of the 29 Early Action Compact areas in the country, EPA noted that 15 already meet the 8-hour ozone standard, but chose to join the compact to ensure that they stay in attainment and because they wish to take voluntary steps to protect the health and quality of life in their communities.
Later in the day, concurrent sessions will include "TERP Reporting and Documentation for Energy Efficiency/Emissions Credits in State Implementation Plans and Early Action Compacts," "Texas Green: Local Residential Programs," "Showcasing Energy Efficiency/Renewable Energy," "Natural Building," "Public & Municipal Utility EE/RE Programs (PUC)" and "Affordable Green Building.
By conferring "deferred" status, TCEQ recognized the county's commitment to confront its air pollution problems through the Early Action Compact, which allows the region to implement local solutions instead of one-size-fits-all national-level programs.
Officials with the East Tennessee Early Action Compact, which comprises mayors from 11 counties in the state, recently announced the signing of an agreement establishing a cooperative effort to reduce vehicular pollution in the region.