The researchers then tested whether EGF could directly spur the growth of stem cells in irradiated bone marrow cultured in the lab.
What does Eps15 stand for?
Eps15 stands for EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) Receptor Pathway Substrate Clone #15
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- External Power Source
- External Power Supply
- Extracellular Polymeric Substance
- Extracellular Polysaccharides
- Extraction Point Set
- Extrapyramidal Symptoms
- Extrapyramidal Syndrome
- Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Environmental Protection Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Equivalent Phase-Shifted Fiber Bragg Grating (electrical engineering)
- E-Pembelajaran Sektor Awam (Malay: E-Learning Public Sector)
- Early Page Space Allocation (AIX, IBM)
- Electric Power Supply Association
- Elektronik & Präzisionsbau Saalfeld GmbH (German electronics manufacturer)
- Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment (Dell computers diagnostic tool)
- European Pharmaceutical Students Association
- European Philosophy of Science Association (Vienna, Austria)
- Exploration & Production Sharing Agreement
- Eastern Province Society of Arts and Crafts (South Africa)
- Electric Powered Screw Air Compressors
Samples in periodicals archive:
EGF influences cell proliferation and migration, but no study had looked at the molecule's effect on both behaviors simultaneously.
Since EGF and TGF-a are known to compete for the same receptor, a preliminary experiment was conducted to determine whether or not EGF and TGF-a have similar effects on cell proliferation.
In HNSCC, EGFR and/or EGF ligand are over-expressed.
After 2 weeks of therapy, remission occurred in 10 of 12 EGF patients based on the St.
02 nM) EGF produced a significant increase in transformation response as well as in extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase (ERK), SRE, or AP-1 activation.