EDI Is Growing as Business Changes Electronic data interchange (EDI), the buzz word of the 1990s, is keeping many companies and their tax professionals in a state of flux.
What does EDIEL stand for?
EDIEL stands for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) for the Electricity Industry (extension to EDI for data interchange in the electricty market)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Électronique Dépannage Informatique a Votre Domicile (French computer repair company)
- Endothelial-Derived Inhibitor of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) Degradation
- European Depression in Diabetes Research Consortium (est. 2001)
- Extended Display Identification Data
- Easy Does It Disability Assistance (Berkeley, CA)
- Elle Deco International Design Award
- Electronic Data Interchange for Documents
- Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (FDIC)
- Environmental Data Interactive Exchange
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making in Education
- Edifício (Building; Brazil)
- Electronic Data Interchange Format
- Electronic Design Interchange Format
- Electronic Design Interoperability Format
- Electronic Document Interchange Format
- Énergies Durables en Ile-de-France (French renewable energy organization)
- Extra-Low Dispersion (glass) - Internal Focusing
- Electronic Data Interchange for Administration Commerce and Transport
- Electronic Data Information Filing and Retrieval System (SEBI)
- EDI Forum for companies with interest in Computing and Electronics (EDI Project for EDP/ADP sector)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As the computer-to-computer transfer of business transactions between companies, EDI would help Ford's Plymouth, Minnesota-based company expand its regional reach and increase the number of contracts on which it could bid.
This introduction to EDI in the middle of tax preparation season is a necessary wake-up call.
The purpose of the article is to apprise tax executives and other interested individuals of the developments and to solicit their participation in ongoing EDI initiatives, either under the auspices of TEI's TIS Committee or otherwise.
EDI is the computer-to-computer exchange of business data in a structured format.