The duration of therapy (which included pegylated interferon in two tri' als, interferon plus ribavirin in one trial, and interferon monotherapy in the remaining trials) varied from 1 to 5 years.
What does DOT stand for?
DOT stands for Duration Of Therapy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOT
We have 201 other meanings of DOT in our Acronym Attic
- Discovery on Target (medical discovery conference)
- Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate
- Distributed Object Technology
- Distribution Oriented Technologies (Jordan, Amman)
- Division of Transportation (various locations)
- Division Officer Training
- Document Template (filename extension for Microsoft Word template)
- Door of Time (gaming)
- Dose Optimized Thermotherapy
- Druid of the Talon (video game character)
- Dutch Open Telescope
- Dynamic Object Technology
- Dynamic Overclocking Technology
- Digital Opportunity Task Force
- Director Of Operational Test & Evaluation (OSD)
- Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (Alaska)
- Declaration of the Americas on Diabetes
- Defense of the Ancients (gaming)
- Delaware Occupational Therapy Association
- Département d'Optique Théorique et Appliquée (French: Theoretical and Applied Optics Department)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If there is a RVR at 4 weeks of therapy, then shortening the duration of therapy to 12 weeks can be considered.
He added that the addition of Inhibitex's nucleotide polymerase inhibitor to its own promising portfolio -- which includes other direct-acting antivirals -- brings additional options to develop all-oral regimens with better cure rates, shorter duration of therapy and lower toxicity than the current standard of care.
37) Multivariate analyses of data from the HIV Out-Patient Study (HOPS) cohort (23) indicate that the following are risk factors for lipoatrophy: exposure to and duration of thymidine analogs (particularly stavudine and zidovudine), age, CD4 T-cell count, viral load, duration of therapy in general, and White race.
We are fortunate that the safety profile of our NEUGENE antisense platform easily allows for changes such as this, including potential increases in duration of therapy, dosage modification, combination targeting, and enhanced delivery options.
Duration of therapy depends on the isolate, site of infection, and clinical response to therapy, but in general, it should be continued for at least 6 months (3,8).
When PT and OT evaluate these patients, the estimated duration of therapy is usually 5-7 days, and then they're discharged home.
Penicillin is the agent of choice; the route and duration of therapy depend on the severity of the infection.