The durable medical equipment industry, which supplies things like oxygen tanks, lost a battle with the federal government last week when a court ruled in favor of competitive bidding in the Medicare program.
What does DME stand for?
DME stands for Durable Medical Equipment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DME
We have 161 other meanings of DME in our Acronym Attic
- Dmapedit (gaming map editor)
- Doby's Mill Elementary School (Lugoff, SC; also seen as DMES)
- Doctorate of Music Education
- Domestic Marijuana Eradication Program
- Dried Malt Extract
- Drinking Made Easy (TV show)
- Drive Motor Electronics
- Dropping Mercury Electrode
- Dry Malt Extract
- Dubai Mercantile Exchange Limited
- Dynamic Modulus of Elasticity
- Moscow, Russia - Domodedovo (Airport Code)
- Distance Measuring Equipment - Normal
- Distance Measuring Equipment - Precision
- Damage Mode and Effects Analysis
- David Moor Estate Agents (UK)
- Defect Mode and Effect Analysis
- Defense Micro-Electronics Activity
- Defense Microelectronics Agency
- Defense Minerals Exploration Administration
Samples in periodicals archive:
The reorganization--called Carrier Consolidation--began with the identification of four regional carriers--replacing 34 independent carriers--called Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carriers (DMERCS).
61 percent were not covered or were inadequately covered for durable medical equipment such as a wheelchair or crutches.