The rest of the troops that landed that day were British, mostly from the 79th Armoured Division ("Hobart's Funnies") --that fantastic collection of Duplex Drive "swimming tanks," ARVEs, Crabs, Flails, and Crocodiles--the 103 Beach Group, and the Scots of the 51st Highland Division.
What does DD stand for?
DD stands for Duplex Drive
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DD
We have 113 other meanings of DD in our Acronym Attic
- Dual Density
- Dual Diagnosis (clinical evaluation)
- Duck Dynasty
- Due Date
- Due Diligence
- Dumbledore (Harry Potter character)
- Dundee (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Dungeons & Dragons (fantasy game)
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Duong Dong (Vietnam)
- Duran Duran (band)
- Dutch Door (architectural drawings)
- Dynamic Data
- Dynamic Dictionary
- Two-Digit Day (as in MM/DD/YYYY; e.g. 01/01/2000)
- Dimension Change During Atrial Contraction Phase
- Dolby Digital Ex (Extended Surround; developed by Lucasfilm THX and Dolby Laboratories)
- Department of Defense Form
- Depletion, Depreciation and Amortization
- Design Disclosure and Base Document
Samples in periodicals archive:
Duplex drive Most significant, says Linden, is the Case duplex drive system.
Our new duplex drive system delivers superior reliability by reducing loads on key drive components by 50 percent," says George Whitaker, Case marketing and business development manager.