Working with digital mapping and geospatial technologies for 45 years, Cooke was a member of the census team that developed the Dual Independent Map Encoding (DIME) method of computerized street maps.
What does DIME stand for?
DIME stands for Dual Independent Map Encoding
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DIME
We have 19 other meanings of DIME in our Acronym Attic
- Development of Integrated Monetary Electronics
- Digital Integrated Modeling Environment
- Diplomacy, Intelligence, Military, Economics
- Diplomatic, Information, Military, and Economic
- Direct Internet Message Encapsulation (Microsoft)
- Direct Memory Execute (AGP video cards)
- Distributed Irregular Mesh Environment
- Distributed Memory Environment
- Division Independent Medical Examinations (Colorado Division of Workers' Compensation)
- Dropping in a Microgravity Environment (student competition; US NASA)
- Dynamic Infrared Missile Evaluator
- Dynamics of Institutions and Markets in Europe (social scientist network)
- Digital Interactive Media in Entertainment and Arts (conference)
- Digitale Medien in der Bildung
- Distribuidora Médica (Spanish: Medical Distributor; Mexico)
- Diplomatic, Information, Military, Economic, Financial, Intelligence and Law Enforcement (Elements of National Power; US DoD)
- Di Innovazione Meccanica E Gestionale (Department of Mechanical and Innovation Management; University of Studies of Padua; Italy)
- Direct Memory Execute and Local (graphics card terminology)
- Delaware Institute for Medical Education and Research
- Distribuidora de Mercadeo SA (Guatemala)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the United States, this formalization first took place when the Dual Independent Map Encoding (DIME) files were developed for the 1980 Census.
Census Bureau's New Haven Census Use Study Team, which in 1967 created the Dual Independent Map Encoding system that would allow map information to be stored in computers.