Repackaging can change or eliminate the drug identification number and therefore takes it off the state-mandated fee schedule.
What does DIN stand for?
DIN stands for Drug Identification Number
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DIN
We have 78 other meanings of DIN in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Input
- Dinar (Yugoslavian national currency)
- Director Identification Number (India)
- Dissolved Inorganic Nitrogen
- Division des Installations Nucléaires (French: Division of Nuclear Installations; Autorité de Sûreté Nucléaire)
- Division Ingénierie Nucléaire (French: Nuclear Engineering Division; Electricité de France)
- Do It Now (gaming/chat)
- Doctors Independent Network
- Document Identification Number
- Donor Identification Number
- Dynamic Instruction Number
- Digital Imaging Network - Picture Archiving Communications System
- AUTODIN/Defense Special Security Communications System
- Dawn Internet Newsalert (Pakistan)
- Decision Information Networking Associates, Inc.
- Department of Immigration and Naturalization Aruba
- Dirección de Inteligencia Nacional (Spanish)
- Direccion Nacional de Inteligencia (Spanish: National Intelligence Directorate; Chile)
- Direct Internal Noise Amplification
- Direct Noise Amplification
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stephan and Hardy have applied for a Drug Identification Number (DIN) and a natural product number.
However, the then Health Protection Branch (HPB) in Canada granted several Drug Identification Numbers (DINs) for dried whole leaf feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) products, with the specific claim of migraine prevention, if the criteria of botanical authentication of raw material and a minimum of 0.
There will be a transition period for the regulations that will span from two to six years--two years for site licensing and six years for products with drug identification numbers (DINs)--to allow manufacturers, labelers, packagers, importers and distributors time to meet the new requirements.