[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] 9 DOWNTOWN FOR DEMOCRACY If the idea of grassroots action in New York seems idealistic (if not impossible) to you, then consider Downtown for Democracy.
What does D4D stand for?
D4D stands for Downtown for Democracy (New York)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of D4D
We have 2 other meanings of D4D in our Acronym Attic
- 2',3'-Didehydro-2',3'-Dideoxythymidine Monophosphate
- Dermatology for Animals (Campbell, CA)
- Design for Business
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Disciples 4 Christ
- Design for Demise (space debris)
- Designing for Dissemination (US NCI; Bethesda, MD)
- Devices for Dignity (healthcare technology cooperative; UK)
- Dogs for Diabetics (Concord, CA)
- Dollars for Democrats (political group)
- Drive for Diversity (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing)
- Dynamics for Display (various locations)
- Dopamine D4 Receptor
- Design for the Environment (design competition)
- Diamond 4 Elite (Avolites lighting console)
- Desacetoxyvindoline 4-Hydroxylase
- Design for Joomla
- Dialogue for Kids (Idaho Public Television)
- Design for Learning (UK program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The signature word of my summer came in a question to me from a New York Times style writer: Surveying a youngish crowd packed into Gavin Brown's Passerby at an auction to benefit Downtown for Democracy, he quietly asked, "So, looking at all this, do you think it's safe to say that in the art world politics is in fashion?