Dumbo, which stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, has emerged from something of a cocoon in recent years, as artists streamed into the area, attracting developers to convert spacious warehouse space into apartments.
What does DUMBO stand for?
DUMBO stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass (neighborhood)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Detect Unintended Memory Access (open-source library)
- Drug Use Monitoring in Australia (Australian Institute of Criminology; research study)
- Duke University Museum of Art
- Deep Underwater Muon And Neutrino Detector
- Developing Urban Management And Safety (UK)
- Drexel Unix-Based Microcomputer Image Analysis System (neuroscience)
- Deep Underground Military Base
- Disasters Usually Motivate Backups
- Duke University Marching Band
- Dynamic Universal Music Bibliotheque (software)
- Damansara Utama Methodist Church (Malaysia)
- Damascus United Methodist Church (Damascus, MD)
- Demaree United Methodist Church (Illinois)
- Dhaka University Management Club (Bangladesh)
- Doylestown United Methodist Church (Doylestown, PA)
- Duke University Medical Center
- Dunwoody United Methodist Church (Georgia)
- Durham University Mountaineering Club (Durham, UK)
- Duke University Medical Center (Durham, North Carolina)
- Duke University Medical Center Library
Samples in periodicals archive:
DUMBO, an acronym that stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, is considered by many one of Brooklyn's most dynamic and up-and-coming neighborhoods.
DUMBO, short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, recently was the setting for a trendy home show.