The Dounreay Fast Reactor was the most-advanced nuclear reactor in the world.
What does DFR stand for?
DFR stands for Dounreay Fast Reactor (fast breeder nuclear reactor)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DFR
We have 79 other meanings of DFR in our Acronym Attic
- Distal Femoral Replacement (surgery)
- Distributed Flow Routing
- Divine Forces Radio
- Division of Financial Regulation
- Division of Financial Responsibility
- Division of Forest Resources
- Doctor's First Report (workman's compensation)
- Doseur Fixation Ronde (French: Round Feeder Attachment)
- Double Frequency Recording
- Douglas Fir Resort and Chalets (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The site was opened in 1955 and three reactors were built over the next 20 years the Dounreay Fast Reactor, Prototype Fast Reactor and Dounreay Materials Test Reactor.