He added that as a result, pine beetles threaten lodgepole and ponderosa forests in Colorado, South Dakota, and Wyoming, and Douglas-fir beetles threaten fir stands in Wyoming, while the danger of catastrophic forest fire looms.
What does DFB stand for?
DFB stands for Douglas-Fir Beetle (Dendroctonus pseudotsugae)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DFB
We have 53 other meanings of DFB in our Acronym Attic
- Desert Fun Bunch (Arizona)
- Deutscher Fußballbund (German Football Federation)
- Diaper Free Baby
- Diffusion Brazing
- Digital Filter Bank
- Dijon Féminin Basket (French female basketball club)
- Direction des Finances et du Budget (French: Directorate of Finance and Budget; various locations)
- Distributed Feedback
- Distribution Fuse Bay
- Douane Franco Belge (French: Franco-Belgian Customs)
- Draperies for Business ()Long Island City, NY)
- Dual Flash Bank (Cisco)
- Dublin Fire Brigade (Dublin, Ireland)
- Due from Banks (finance)
- Distributed Feedback-Single Longitudinal Mode
- Dallas First Baptist Academy (Dallas, TX)
- Dayton F-Body Association
- Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (US DoD)
- Differential Fair Buffer Allocation
- Doll Fashions by Alana
Samples in periodicals archive:
manipulating the behaviour of pest or beneficial organism (antiaggregation of the Douglas-fir beetle (a damaging trees pest) in the western US, improving pollination of orchards by honey bees and deterring herbivores and rodents from feeding on tree seedlings).